Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Heading to Bedford, Virginia, for the Olde Liberty Fibre Faire


Sebastian, Hand dyed clouds of carded Tunis wool
I am in hopes, after such a long winter, that spring is finally coming to Squirrel Spur Road. Things have been busy; with one thing and another I have mostly been working for the past month. A fiber festival in Bedford, Virginia, is coming up this Saturday and it has been a frantic time getting new fiber and yarns ready to sell. Then I made yet another move with the business, to 12134 Squirrel Spur Road, and that entailed work that I hadn't really anticipated fitting into my schedule. I opened the shop this past weekend, and hours will be from 10 AM to 5 PM Friday, Saturday and Sunday the rest of this month, then 10 AM to 5 PM Thursday through Monday from May on. I will be sharing the building with another business, Mountain Meadow Farm and Craft Market. The location is very good; the space a good bit smaller and I'm really juggling to get everything looking good in my spots. This is just a few feet away from the last location and my old house on Squirrel Spur Road.


Knightley learning about horses on our walk
Daffodils are blooming, forsythia is starting to blossom and I'm seeing a haze of red and green buds on the trees as we walk every morning and evening. The chickens are laying well and the coop needs cleaning. Hoping to do that tomorrow after carding a lot of fiber that needs to be finished for the festival. After this week I hope things settle down a bit into our regular schedule. I've missed a few walks with the dogs and that's never good!


1 comment:

Mountaingmom said...

I scored a cloud of Tunis and have already started spinning it๐Ÿ˜€