Sunday, April 01, 2007

April Fools!

Spring Flowers to brighten a dreary day!

'cause I reckon y'all thought I was dead all this time. Nope, just busy getting the shop all ready to open up today. And, of course, the weather is miserable. Wet, foggy and typical for a mountain spring!

Greenberry House
Greenberry House, Meadows of Dan, Virginia

The pansies look cheerful on the porch, anyway, even though I'm not tempted to sit outside and spin today. Earlier today I couldn't even see the big white church across the road. Now the fog has lifted a little and is just drifting along the edge of the woods behind the church, stretching lazy tendrils out across the suddenly green grass.

And yarn, yarn, yarn!
Cozy place to sit on a chilly spring day.

It's hard to get any work done, with such a nice spot to curl up with a good book or my crocheting. But I must blog, and put some books on the internet, and maybe some postcards. I spent the morning updating the business web site, sadly neglected this winter! I have a lot more to do, but I did get some links up to showcase the wonderful yarn and fiber producers that have their yarn here.

Come Sit a Spell!
Come by for a visit, and be sure to fondle the yarn!

I've had a lovely couple of weeks with folks coming by with their wares and just staying awhile for a chat. Jane came up from North Carolina again last week and we had a wonderful time talking, spinning, knitting and crocheting. Jane is making beautiful socks from her wonderful yarns.

A neighbor, Sandra from Atlantic Breeze Alpacas, brought wine, bread and cheese one evening, and we toasted each other with the beautiful wine glasses gifted me in the previous post. We spent more time talking than setting up her beautiful booth, but now her gorgeous yarns are displayed in tidy baskets and look wonderful. She also brought pictures of the alpacas!

Still lots of books
Books, and books, and prints, and postcards, and....

There are more books than ever, in spite of the fact that I sort of squished down the collectibles section into the book room. Lots of the stuff is in storage, again. Someday the building down at the house will be built. I keep saying that, don't I?

Other projects, which I don't have a picture for, have been spinning Jacob wool on the Reeves and crocheting a couple of slip-stitch purses. And we've been doing other stuff; my friend and I took last Saturday off and went for a six mile walk on the New River Trail. We had a wonderful time; Kym took Bentley and Lily came along with me. Bentley wouldn't stand still for a picture but Lily posed nicely with me. Unfortunately!

Incentive to lose weight!
Incentive to lose more weight!

Edited to add: While Jane was here we did some photographs for the Chicken Soup camera project. Mom was nice enough to come up to take the pictures, and stayed to visit for a few minutes:

Mom and Bluebell
Laid-back Bunny

This is how easy-going a German cross can be; Bluebell has always had plenty of confidence!

No comments: