Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February Snow

Snowy woods
We've had some very cold days this year but yesterday we finally got more than a couple of inches of snow. Not nearly as much as forecast but six inches of lovely fluff is plenty for the dogs to enjoy and for me to troop through to take care of the chickens. The hens refuse to deal with the stuff and stay snug in their coop.
Snow Dog
I spent the morning putting vintage photographs up on the web site for sale. Now I'm getting ready to spin the afternoon away, looking out over the snow in the yard and watching the shadows shift through the rest of the day. 

What I'm spinning: Shetland and merino singles dyed periwinkle for a special order
What I'm knitting: Odds and ends as spinning is taking a priority. Dishcloths, mostly.
What I'm crocheting: Everything is hibernating.
What I'm readingEuphues: The Anatomy of Wit by John Lyly
Current sounds & sights for spinning along: Watching Foyle's War and listening to Factory Man by Beth Macy
How the diet is going: I've lost 20 pounds since November, mostly because of walking to take Dad his three meals a day and keeping the dogs happy with their exercise. Could stand to lose more and with the spring will be walking even more, I imagine.

1 comment:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Oh I adore Foyle's War...what a great series! There's 2.5 feet of snow on the ground but in drifts. I'd say I have 1.5 feet of actual snow. Congratulations on the weight loss...fabulous! Hope your Dad is doing well.