Sunday, January 05, 2014

Quiet Winter Days

Cozy friends on a foggy, rainy and cold winter mountain day
A chilly and rainy Sunday morning, with friends below the mountain reporting icy roads and treacherous driving conditions. Not a problem here, so I got things done and headed down the Parkway to the little rock church for a very uplifting sermon and to surprise the congregation with my attendance. It is a sweet church and I love the music they chose for the services, not to mention the fine sermons. And, as I mentioned last week, I have a lot of good memories there.

The fog is rolling in and there is a fine drizzle falling. The dogs are napping after their walk and a romp. I'm thinking about a little work, knitting, a good book and possibly a nap for the day's plan, punctuated with another walk or two despite the dreary weather to tend the chickens.

What I'm spinning: Hand dyed Texel wool from Border Springs Farm
What I'm knitting: Finished the Warm Hands Warm Hearts Mittens and doing some swatching.
What I'm crocheting: Everything is resting.
What I'm readingKind of in between things
Current sounds & sights for spinning along: Torchwood series. Not exactly peaceful!
How the diet is going: Getting back on track.

No comments: